基本資料 | Information
The life of our school began in 1871 when the Sisters of St Joseph arrived in Port Augusta to begin a primary school. (The sisters of St Joseph take their inspiration from Mary MacKillop (Mother Mary of the Cross) who, with Father Julian Tenison-Woods, founded the congregation in South Australia in 1866.)
In 1927 a primary/secondary school was established in Flinders Terrace, Port Augusta on the site which now accommodates the Wadlata Centre.
In 1971, the centenary year of the sisters' arrival, St Joseph's High School was opened in Dartmouth Street, Port Augusta. The whole school adopted the name ‘Caritas College’ in 1971 as a tribute to the 100 years of service by the Sisters of St Joseph. The motto of the Josephite school became ‘In Omnibus Caritas’ – in all things, love – to reflect the love of Christ as a motivating force within the school.