St Joseph's School (Port Lincoln)(林肯港聖若瑟學校)
St Joseph's School (Port Lincoln)
The Sisters of St Joseph arrived in Port Lincoln in September , 1874. They started a school which was forced to close in 1886 due to lack of support. The Sisters returned to Port Lincoln in 1926 and reopened their school in the recently vacated church which had been built, along with the presbytery , in 1870.
The old Presbytery was extended to become a convent. A new wing was added to provide a boarding school and classes were held in the back of the Church.
In 1952, the central building, 'The Archdeacon Kelly Memorial School', was built and the surrounding complex was added 1969-1972.
1974-1976 the Open Space/Administration Block was built. Three years later the Matriculation Centre was completed
In 1987-1988 a new Home Economics, Arts and Technical Studies Centre was built.
In 1992 a Senior Computing Centre was established and was named after Sr Maria-Anne Graves.Two years later the Administration Block and three new classrooms were built and the previous Open Space/Administration Block was refurbished to accommodate a Resource Centre, Distance Education Room and Religious Education Centre.
In 1999 part of the Archdeacon Kelly Memorial School was refurbished to create the Archdeacon Kelly Information Technology Centre.The following year the new Canteen was completed.
In 2001 the Resource Centre and Information and Communication Technology expansion was completed.
In 2004 the new Gymnasium/Performing Arts Centre was opened by Bishop Eugene Hurley, Bishop of the Port Pirie Diocese and Sr Christine Rowan, Provincial of the Sisters of St Joseph.
In 2005 the newly rebuilt Archdeacon Kelly Centre was opened by Bishop Eugene Hurley, Bishop of the Port Pirie Diocese and Sr Christine Rowan, Provincial of the Sisters of St Joseph.
In 2011 the new Resource Centre was opened by Senator Annette Hurley