Chung Cheng High School (Yishun)(中正中學(義順) )
Chung Cheng High School (Yishun)
基本資料 | Information
Chung Cheng High School first started functioning as an all-boys school in January 1939 at Kim Yam Road in Singapore. In its early years, the school attracted students from ASEAN countries. It ceased to function during the Japanese Occupation and resumed operation as a co-educational school in September 1945 after the Second World War.
In August 1947, to cope with the increased student population, part of the school moved into a new school building in Goodman Road. The old school at Kim Yam Road continued to function and was renamed Chung Cheng High School (Branch) and subsequently in May 1969 was relocated to Guillemard Road.
In 1981, following Singapore’s emphasis on bilingualism, the school began to take English stream classes. Currently, the school offers secondary education courses in the Express, Normal (Academic) & Normal (Technical) streams for pupils.