Dromore High School(德羅莫爾中學)
Dromore High School
The school was opened in 1958 and extended in 1978 to meet the increasing demand for places. In 1979 a purpose built Youth Annex was added. A major extension scheme was completed in 1996 which provided a new block of classrooms and workshops. The inside of the original building has also been completely refurbished. A new playing field complex, on the Banbridge Road, is now available for use and includes a floodlit all-weather pitch and tennis court. Two additional Science rooms were added in 1999.
Dromore High School is a co-educational and non-selective school situated twenty miles south of Belfast in the centre of CountyDown. It serves 920 pupils originating from an area surrounding the school.
We are extremely proud of our ethos, academic achievements, extra curricular opportunities, good discipline and the friendly and caring environment, all of which are reflected in our Vision Statement, ‘Caring for Children’. The strong relationship between governors, staff, parents and pupils encourages a strong positive self-image.