Serangoon Garden Secondary School
Serangoon Garden Secondary School was established in 1959 and was then named Lichfield Secondary School. The school has a history of 45 years. In 1960, the school was renamed Serangoon Garden Government High School where both English and Chinese streams studied under one administration.
In 1969, the school absorbed the neighbouring school, Hwi Yoh Vocational School, to become Serangoon Garden Secondary School (SGS). It became a bilateral secondary school with facilities for the teaching of academic, technical and commercial subjects. In 1984, it became a purely English stream school with the last batch of Chinese stream graduating in the same year. The School moved into its modern well equipped premises in mid March 2004.