St. Hilda's Secondary School
St. Hilda's traces its origins to a small private school, Bethel English School, founded in 1929 in a small two-storey building at Ceylon Road. It was taken over by the Anglican Diocese in 1934, which the school has been affiliated with ever since, opened as a parochial school for girls. In 1938 it was renamed St. Hilda's School. During the Japanese Occupation, the school came under Japanese control but continued functioning, unlike many other mission schools which were either closed down or destroyed. After World War II ended, the school re-opened as a coeducational school. The post-war years were a period of rapid development as the school grew and expanded. It became a girls-only school in 1950 but has since become coeducational again. In 1988 the school was relocated to Tampines and was split into the secondary and primary schools.