Punggol Secondary School
The school started in 1957 as a Chinese school with six classrooms in an old residential building in Oxley Road. It was then known as Singapore Girls' Vocational High School.
In 1976 the school was re-sited to Toa Payoh East and renamed Pei Dao Secondary School. This new building, costing 4 million dollars, was fully sponsored by private businessmen and organisations.
In 1978, the school took in English stream classes and became co-educational.
In 1986, the school relinquished its aided school status and became a government school.
Pei Dao was renowned for its prowess in volleyball B and C divisions, winning championships at the local and national level since 1982. It has won value-added awards for Express or Normal courses in the GCE "O" level examination for the years 1993,1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Pei Dao Secondary School was renamed Punggol Secondary School when it was relocated to Punggol New Town in 2001. Pei Dao secondary ace at its