The Good Samaritan Sisters acquire the estate of Rosebank. The site originally served as a Novitiate. There was a primary school on the property which the Sisters conducted for the local residents and the Rosebank chapel served many families in the neighbourhood.
Rosebank becomes a Catholic Boarding School for girls. Its chaplain Father John Dwyer OSB, donated 2 000 pounds after his death. This, along with other donations were used to build the present three-storey structure in 1886.
Rosebank assumes the name of a College and the memoirs produced from this time until 1911 testify to the great reputation it enjoyed throughout New South Wales and beyond as a place of broad education. In Rosebank’s early years, the students soon came to the attention of the wider community. As early as 1880 Marcella Kenny was the first girl from a Catholic College to pass the University of Oxford Junior Examination, in the very first year that this particular examination was opened to girls.
The College closes to serve as a Juniorate for five years, while still retaining registration as a Secondary School.
Rosebank re-opens as a boarding and day College, offering academic subjects and cultural and vocational subjects. Gradually, Rosebank developed into a Leaving Certificate School until in 1966, in the process of regionalisation in Sydney and the phasing in of the Wyndham Scheme, it reverted to a Form 4 School.
The boarding school closes but the day school continues to expand, adapting to new demands in education and adding to its facilities.
The first lay principal of the College, Mr John Hawley, is appointed.
The College returns to being a full secondary school with the introduction of co-education in Years 11 and 12.
The sisters of the Good Samaritan establish Rosebank College as an Incorporated Body and appoint a Board to be responsible for the College. Mr Frank Hayes is the first Chairperson of the Board.
The second lay principal, Mr Alan Moran is appointed.
The third and current lay Principal, Mr Tom Galea, is appointed.
The College celebrates 140 years of education.
Co-education is extended to welcome boys into Year 7. This coincides with the introduction of a new school uniform, brand identity and student leadership structure.
The College celebrated 145 years of Catholic Education and our first year of full co-education.
The College named, Blessed and officially opened three new and renovated buildings. These were Ottilien Hall, Montserrat Hall and Jamberoo Hall. The new buildings provide the College an auditorium, 18 learning spaces, five Science labs, Music, Dance and Drama spaces, a performance room, an undercroft play area and cafeteria.
Vertical Home Room structure is introduced, including Middle School and Senior School Divisions. Students from Year 7 - 9 share a common Home Room, as do students in Year 10 – 12.